This policy applies to personal information collected and processed by TRUENAV or by third parties that provide products and services on our behalf. It also applies to data subjects when they engage with TRUENAV or use our products and services.
COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRUENAV collects personal information when data subjects visit our website, use our social media platforms, communicate with us or when they use our products and services Personal information will only be processed for the purposes for which it was collected, to comply with legal requirements, and for other lawful processing with your consent. This may include:
- The performance of contracts
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations that apply
- Legitimate interest, provided that this interest is in accordance with data subject rights and applicable law
TRUENAV may also disclose personal information to third parties in certain circumstances, including:
- Our service providers, with whom we have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms
- Where we have your consent
- Where we are required to do so by law
TRUENAV will retain personal information as follows:
- For as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected
- As required by applicable law
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
TRUENAV or its service providers may transfer personal information to another country for further processing or storage. We will ensure these transfers take place in accordance with POPIA and that personal information that is transferred, is given similar protection as provided for in POPIA. Where personal information is required to be transferred to other countries which do not have similar protection as provided for in POPIA, we shall only do so with your consent.
TRUENAV is committed to securing and protecting personal information and we take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, loss, damage, modification or disclosure.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Data subjects have, in accordance with the provisions of POPIA, various rights relating to the personal information that is collected and processed by TRUENAV, including:
- The right to access the personal information held about them
- The right to request the correction of personal information if it is incorrect, outdated, or incomplete
- The right to have personal information deleted or erased
- The right to object to the processing of personal information
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator relating to TRUENAV’s protection of personal information practices
Whilst data subjects have the right to determine whether TRUENAV may process their personal information, withdrawal of consent or requesting the deletion of personal information may impact TRUENAV’s ability to engage with the data subject and/or provide them with products and services.
Data privacy enquiries may be submitted to the TRUENAV information officer at the following email address: email@example.com